SOLAS, the technology leader in the impeller design, creates lots of outstanding advantages built into its products. All SOLAS impellers are made of an ultra high strength, corrosion resistant stainless steel, and are cast in a one-piece mold without bending the edges of the blades to achieve the perfect pitch.TWIN IMPELLER
- Solas's latest in 4-stroke technology. The twin prop impeller for Yamaha and Sea-Doo models gives you the ultimate performance. With added acceleration and gains in top end performance, your pwc will perform in most conditions. Twin Prop impeller for Sea-Doo models recommended for competition use.
- Solas's newest technology. Dynafly impellers are designed to give high compression ratio pumps a stronger acceleration with less cavitation. The Solas line of these impellers are currently available for 4-stroke models with 155mm pump diameter.
- In 1998, Solas introduced the new Concord series of impellers featuring a large blade area and a unique geometric blade design. This series of impellers create remarkable thrust and acceleration with excellent top end performance. As 4-stroke technology becomes the standard of the industry, Concord impellers truly enhance the engine characteristics from pulling water skiers to high speed cruising.
SUPER CAMBER S-I-J-K-H
- This model includes the X, XO, XI, XII series. It is designed with the "Best of Both Worlds" frame of mind. In most applications it is suggested you will gain low end acceleration, a powerful midrange, and an impressive top end speed. The X-Prop is very popular in competition and with recreational riders alike. The blades are placed around a pear shaped hub, which directs the water efficiently and therefore faster. A more aggressive impeller design, the blades are straight cut which provides a better brake through the water. This series of impellers will give you the best of both worlds when looking for both speed and acceleration.
SUPER CAMBER A-B-C-D-E
- The Super Camber S-I-J-K-H series is a more streamlined design than the A-B-C series, in reference to the hub and rubber seal. This design is very effective at reducing cavitation in more of the mid-level craft available. In most applications it is suggested for, this style impeller provides excellent top speed while retaining plenty of acceleration performance.
TIPS FOR IMPELLER SELECTION:
- The Super Camber A-B-C-D-E series is Solas's original design impeller mainly used on entry level watercraft. The Super Camber Blade design, with a progressive pitch from the leading edge to the trailing edge, catches the fluid characteristics and increases the thrust of the impeller. This is a great all-around performance impeller for the suggested applications.
- With a wide variety of impellers, there are many choices to choose from and many different factors to consider. The following chart may help you pick the right impeller for your needs.
- Engine RPM is too high: Increase impeller pitch
- Engine RPM is too low: Decrease impeller pitch
- High altitude application: Decrease impeller pitch
- Cold weather application: Increase impeller pitch
- Top speed and performance under all conditions: Increase impeller pitch to reach the recommended RPM at full throttle